ANDROID ZONE
Sign in to follow this  
karthickkatta12

MT6261 based android GPS tracker

hey guys how are you doing ?, i have been working on a IOT project which is based on raspberrypi 3 and MTk6261 module which has a sim slot and many IO ports

spacer.png

Here are the schematics for the MT6261 

My idea was to ADD this module to my kernel and compile it  (AS MT6261 has kernel source available)

i had bought a cheap GPS tracker from vamosys because i couldn't wait to get mine from Ali express ,i had added the MT6261 kernel source to the raspberry pi kernel and compile it with hell lot of errors ,after getting my gps tracker i dismantled it and unsoldered the wires and soldered the wires to raspberry pi's IO ports after soldering ,it was time to boot it it up and tested it the PI recognised the module successfully ,i am planning to push my source to my git and collab with other developers to make an AI powered GPS tracker ,i am currently held up with my work and will keep you posted .