Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SNB

Network Monitor v1.18.2

1 post in this topic

Network Monitor v1.18.2

Requirements: 2.3+

Overview: Network Monitor is a diagnostic tool which periodically tests your network connection and logs the results to a database on the phone. The goal of the app is to identify which cell towers around you may have connection problems.

DSkZ9oiVQomsX9tyI--T5OyF9heaekV4H86Ba4To

It tests the connection by retrieving the main Google page (http://www.google.com) in two different ways:

* An HTTP connection (the type of connection used by the browser and other web apps)

* A basic socket connection (a type of connection used by other apps)

It also logs other information about your device and connection status, such as:

* The network type (WiFi, mobile/EDGE, mobile/HSPA, etc)

* The WiFi SSID or APN

* The device's location (latitude, longitude)

* The cell tower's ids

* The signal strength (from 0 to 4)

* Other information...

You can send yourself a report of the collected data, in several formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, KML, the raw database). The report will also contain a summary of the success rate of the connection tests, per cell tower.

----

*** BEFORE RATING THE APP ***

This app does *not* show the CELL radio frequency, channel, TX or RX. If you're looking for this, good luck :) On a Samsung device, dial *#0011#. On other devices, let me know! :)

If you would like to see some additional fields in the app, please do let me know ([email protected]) and I'll see what I can do to add these fields. Please give me a chance to add the fields you'd like before giving the app a bad score. Thanks :)

----

NOTE 1: This app has not been tested on CDMA devices. If your operator uses CDMA (ex: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, etc), please contact me with any issues before rating the app. I'd be happy to have your feedback :)

NOTE 2: This app is a diagnostic/debugging app which may use a lot of battery.

WHAT'S NEW

1.18.0: Fix for crash on Lollipop devices

1.17.0: New fields RxQual and LTE RSRQ. May not work on some devices.

1.16.0: New features: compress the db, limit the db size, fast polling option, option to turn off data tests. Bug fixes including fix to use less data.

1.15.1: Fixed bug when changing the polling interval.

1.15.0: Added option to run tests only when the network state changes.

1.14.3: Fixed bug where all tests were failing.

This app has no advertisements

More Info:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.rmen.android.networkmonitor'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.rmen.android.networkmonitor

Download Instructions: