Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacksparrow

Override DNS v4.2.0-0-g3934386

1 post in this topic

Override DNS v4.2.0-0-g3934386
Requirements: 4.3 and up
Overview: It's a DNS changer which works in Android 4.4 KitKat (finally!) and possibly on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Jd2IC2AOQBmybkMC7CLYoQt_h58saemyDa9AumXO

First of all some considerations before going on:
•  alpha stage of support for Lollipop has been recently introduced!
•  the app needs a rooted device
•  if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things!
•  if you are in Indonesia, the app could not work for mobile connections (Wi-Fi and the carrier 3 Hutchinson Indonesia seems Ok). I'm trying to bypass the DNS hijacking the carriers perform. You could try the app and, within 15 minutes, asks for a reimbursement directly in the Play Store. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] to be notified when I find a solution.

Then, here's a brief description of the app: it's a DNS changer for mobile networks which works in Android 4.4 KitKat (finally!) and possibly on Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The app was born to change DNS on KitKat, but from version 3.0.0 it has been ported to Android 5.0 Lollipop (see below) and from version 1.3.0 it has been backported to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean MR2.

What does it mean "alpha stage" for Lollipop?
Android Lollipop sources has been released on the 4th of November. SuperSU and root for many Nexus devices it's not so older, so I had a small amount of time to study what's changed. I think I found the solution for Lollipop, too, but I need some feedback from my beta testers before I can call it 100% functional. If you are not patient, give it a try and if it fails, ask for a refund directly on the Play Store, but please write me an e-mail, we could find a solution together.

With this software you can
•  Bypass internet censorship when based upon DNS blocking.
•  Overcome an Android limitation: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
•  Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
•  Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.

Features
•  Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
•  Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
•  Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to
certain connections (can be disabled).
•  Custom DNS values.
•  Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
•  Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
•  Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
•  DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
•  It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
•  Simple and clean interface, Holo styled.
•  Ad free.
•  Works on Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.

More to come (in the next versions)
•  change DNS for Ethernet connections, too.

Known issues
•  does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you have to exclude one network device from the advanced settings
•  horizontal layout is still awful.

Some references
•  http://blog.mx17.net/tag/overridedns/
•  inspired by setDNS

What's New
Lollipop now is working.
- SELinux definitive fix
- more debugging messages
- persistent notification fix
- new notification when root fails

This app has NO advertisements

More Info:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns
Download Instructions:

Override DNS v4.2.0-0-g3934386.zip - 2.0 MB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By jacksparrow
      Override DNS v4.4.0-0-g45c3c30
      Overview: It's a DNS changer which works in Android 4.4 KitKat (finally!) and possibly on Android 5.0 Lollipop.

•  alpha stage of support for Lollipop has been recently introduced!
      •  the app needs a rooted device
      •  if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things!
      •  if you are in Indonesia, the app could not work for mobile connections (Wi-Fi and the carrier 3 Hutchinson Indonesia seems Ok). I'm trying to bypass the DNS hijacking the carriers perform. You could try the app and, within 15 minutes, asks for a reimbursement directly in the Play Store. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] to be notified when I find a solution.

Then, here's a brief description of the app: it's a DNS changer for mobile networks which works in Android 4.4 KitKat (finally!) and possibly on Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The app was born to change DNS on KitKat, but from version 3.0.0 it has been ported to Android 5.0 Lollipop (see below) and from version 1.3.0 it has been backported to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean MR2.

Android Lollipop sources has been released on the 4th of November. SuperSU and root for many Nexus devices it's not so older, so I had a small amount of time to study what's changed. I think I found the solution for Lollipop, too, but I need some feedback from my beta testers before I can call it 100% functional. If you are not patient, give it a try and if it fails, ask for a refund directly on the Play Store, but please write me an e-mail, we could find a solution together.

•  Bypass internet censorship when based upon DNS blocking.
      •  Overcome an Android limitation: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
      •  Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
      •  Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.

Features
      •  Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to
      •  Custom DNS values.
      •  Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
      •  Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
      •  Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
      •  DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
      •  It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
      •  Simple and clean interface, Holo styled.
      •  Ad free.
      •  Works on Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.

•  change DNS for Ethernet connections, too.

Known issues
      •  does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you have to exclude one network device from the advanced settings
      •  horizontal layout is still awful.

Some references
      •  http://blog.mx17.net/tag/overridedns/
      •  inspired by setDNS

What's New
      - fix for Restore DNS [bug0018]
      - fix for support for SELinux=Disabled [bug0017]
      - fix for TimeoutException because of awk [bug0016]
      - removed the optimistic code which thinks SELinux is on

More Info:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns Download Instructions:Override DNS v4.4.0-0-g45c3c30.apk -  1.2 MB

• By jacksparrow
      dream EPG Premium v4.2.0 build 150
      Requirements:  4.0+
      Overview: This application enhances your Enigma2 receiver. Displays a TV and radio guide with full prime time support. Browse through your EPG and search for your favorite tv and radio shows. Stream channels and movies to your device. Edit timers and replace your remote control.

EPG / TV and radio guide:

- Complete EPG for Enigma2 compatible receivers (e.g. dreambox, VU+, Gigablue, Xtrend, Telestar ...)
      - Timeline view
      - Prime-Time view for today and next days
      - Hourly overview
      - Single channel EPG
      - Offline mode
      - Search mode (EPG, timer and recordings)
      - Display and search for alternative shows
      - YouTube Trailer support
      - IMDb support (using IMDb app or website)
      - Support for channel logos/picons (see *1)
      - Support for multiple bouquets (only available in premium version)
      - Support for multiple connection profiles
      - Multiple theme support (dark and light)

Recordings/Movies:

- Display according directory
      - Sort by date, size, channel or title
      - Delete, move or play a movie
      - Stream movies to your device (see *2)
      - Manage recording paths and create new folders
      - Download recordings
      - Display cover if available (see *3)

Timer:

- Display timer list (active, disabled and finished timers)
      - Delete or disable timers (see *4)
      - Create and edit timers
      - Search for alternatives
      - Timer conflict resolution: Displays a dialog to remove concurring timer events on conflict
      - Autotimer integration: Supports complete feature set of autotimer plugin including preview
      - Offline timer: If no connection to receiver is available, the timer can be saved temorarily and will be added as soon as a connection is available

Control:

- Remote control including short and long button press
      - "Now playing" mode: Shows active recordings, movies and channels
      - Zapping mode: using channel logos to zap to your favourite channel
      - Streaming mode: using channel logos to stream your favourite channel to your device (see *2)
      - Send messages to the receiver
      - Wake on LAN for supported devices (e.g. VU+ Duo2)

Widgets:

- Prime-Time Widget shows your prime time events on your devices desktop
      - Streaming Widget enables you to put shortcut buttons on your devices desktop and directly stream a running event

Prerequisites:

- Enigma2 compatible receiver (e.g. dreambox, VU+, Gigablue, Xtrend ...)
      - Enabled webinterface (OpenWebIf or Webinterface Plugin)
      - Enabled FTP server (optional)
      - Android 4.0 or up

Note: If you have problems or a feature request, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

*1: Channel logos/picons: To display channel logos, picons need to be installed on your receiver.
      *2: Streaming: You need an external app for streaming. There are a lot of supported free streaming apps. Streaming only works if there is a free tuner available.
      *3: Cover display: A JPG file named like the recording will be used. Using the enigma2 plugin 'Covermanager' automatically downloads covers for you.
      *4: Timer deletion: If you are using autotimer plugin to create timers, deleted timers may occur after deletion. Please disable them instead to avoid recreating them.

This app has no advertisements

More Info:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.cyberdream.dreamepg.premium'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.cyberdream.dreamepg.premium Download Instructions:dream EPG Premium v4.2.0 build 150.apk -  2.8 MB

• By SNB
      Override DNS v4.3.1-0-g072df7d

•  alpha stage of support for Lollipop has been recently introduced!
      •  the app needs a rooted device
      •  if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things!
      •  if you are in Indonesia, the app could not work for mobile connections (Wi-Fi and the carrier 3 Hutchinson Indonesia seems Ok). I'm trying to bypass the DNS hijacking the carriers perform. You could try the app and, within 15 minutes, asks for a reimbursement directly in the Play Store. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] to be notified when I find a solution.

•  Bypass internet censorship when based upon DNS blocking.
      •  Overcome an Android limitation: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
      •  Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
      •  Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.

Features
      •  Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to
      •  Custom DNS values.
      •  Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
      •  Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
      •  Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
      •  DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
      •  It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
      •  Simple and clean interface, Holo styled.
      •  Ad free.
      •  Works on Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.

•  change DNS for Ethernet connections, too.

Known issues
      •  does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you have to exclude one network device from the advanced settings
      •  horizontal layout is still awful.

Some references
      •  http://blog.mx17.net/tag/overridedns/
      •  inspired by setDNS

What's New
      SELinux:
      - does not patch policies if you run in sudaemon context
      - does not patch policies if SELinux is Permissive
      Interface:
      - bugfix solved the "Restore DNS" bug [bug0014]
      - Norton DNS ConnectSafe A, B, C
      - about page
      - more debugging info: log su version

More Info:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mx17.overridedns
      Download Instructions:

Override DNS v4.3.1-0-g072df7d - android-zone.ws.apk -  1.2 MB

• By SNB
      Ringtones Complete v4.2.0
      Requirements: Android 1.6 and up
      Overview: Premium access to the RCP Ringtones library. Smart tones for your smartphone.
      Access the complete RCP Ringtones library with "Ringtones Complete." All of the tones from our apps are included as well as many more (over 180 tones so far). What's more, FREE updates will include additional ringtones so you'll always have access to the latest tones. 

Access the complete RCP Ringtones library with "Ringtones Complete." All of the tones from our apps are included as well as many more (over 300 tones so far). What's more, FREE updates will include additional ringtones so you'll always have access to the latest tones.

NEW: Ringtones Complete now includes our new Cell Tones (50 tones) and Minimal Tones (58 tones) collections!

ABOUT RCP TONES
      If you're looking for normal, elegant, and professional ringtones - without the annoying cartoon sound effects or pop songs - then you're looking for RCP Ringtones. We design the smartest and best sounding normal tones available.

Each tone in our library has been carefully designed and professionally mastered to sound clear and pristine on your Android device. Browse through the different categories of ringtones, pick your favorites, and then assign them as your main ringtone or notification sound. You can also save them to your phone's memory to assign them with through your phone's settings.

Includes:
      · All the tones from our other apps
      · Professional business ringtones
      · Short tones for text, SMS, email, and voicemail alerts
      · Classic vintage phone rings
      · Standard beeps, blips, and chiming ring tones
      · Unique melodic tones
      · Calming/minimal zen ringtones
      · Alarm sounds (from peaceful to LOUD)
      · Acoustic tones and marimba melodies
      · 8Bit, video game inspired "chiptones"
      · Total: 300+ Tones

SUPPORT
      We pride ourselves on offering quick and helpful support to all of our customers. If you have any trouble installing the ringtones, please contact our support team and we will help you get the tones installed as quickly and easily as possible.

Audio previews, support, and more are available at rcptones.com.

Guaranteed: No hidden fees, no recurring charges, no DRM.

About Permissions: The use of permissions in this app is strictly related to setting and saving ringtones. We guarantee the privacy of your personal information.

What's New
      • Fix for Favorites not working on certain devices.
      • Improved layout for tablets
      • Various other enhancements and fixes
      • New Permissions are related to a crash reporting software we implemented in this version of the app to eliminate certain bugs in the app.
      • Contact [email protected] for problems
      • Thank you to all who take the time to write good reviews for good apps!

More Info:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcp.complete'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcp.complete
      Download Instructions:
      Ringtones Complete v4.2.0 - android-zone.ws.apk - 3.0 MB
    • By jacksparrow
      Fuelio: Fuel log & costs PRO v4.2.0
      Requirements: 4.0 and up
      Overview: Fuel log and mileage tracking app for Android. Track your fill-ups, fuel consumption, fuel costs and save money.

Description
      Fuel log and mileage tracking app for Android. Track your fill-ups, fuel consumption, fuel costs and save money.
      FEATURE LIST:
      - Easy and clean design
      - Mileage log (track your fill-ups, costs, fuel economy, partial fillups, gps location)
      - Multiple vehicles
      - Useful statistics (total statistics, fill-ups, costs, average, fuel economy stats)
      - Distance unit: kilometres, miles
      - Fuel unit: litres, us gallons, imperial gallons
      - Import/Export to SD
      - Show your fill-ups on Google Map
      - Charts (fuel consumption, fuel costs, monthly costs...)
      - Dropbox Backup (PRO only)
      - Google Drive Backup (PRO only)
      PRO FEATURE LIST
      Dropbox Sync (official API)
      Auto-sync with Dropbox (while adding fill-ups or costs)
      Google Drive Backup (official APIv2)
      Auto-sync with Google Drive (while adding fill-ups or costs)
      Shortcut (widget) for faster fill-ups adding
      Costs module you can track other expenses of your car (not only fuel)
      Cost stats - you can define your own category (like service, maintenance, insurance, wash, parking...)
      Summary and each category stats
      Cost charts (fuel vs other costs, categories, total montly costs)
      Donation to author
      Official site: _http://fuel.io

What's New
      * New: Automatically save GPS position while adding fillup (Settings > Other Settings)
      * Fixed: Many small UI changes (navigation drawer overlaps the status bar when open, fixed shadows...)
      * Better compatibility with Google's Material Design guidelines

Release Info:
      Pro features unlocked

More Info:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kajda.fuelio&hl=en'>>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kajda.fuelio&hl=en Download Instructions:Fuelio Fuel log & costs PRO v4.2.0.apk -  3.8 MB

• By SNB
      Override DNS v4.1.1-0-g0f0913e

•  if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things!
      •  if you are in Indonesia, the app could not work for mobile connections (Wi-Fi and the carrier 3 Hutchinson Indonesia seems Ok). I'm trying to bypass the DNS hijacking the carriers perform. You could try the app and, within 15 minutes, asks for a reimbursement directly in the Play Store. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] to be notified when I find a solution.

•  Overcome an Android limitation: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
      •  Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
      •  Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.

Features
      •  Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
      •  Custom DNS values.
      •  Ad free.

Known issues
      •  does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you have to exclude one network device from the advanced settings

Some references
      •  inspired by setDNS

What's New
      * bugfix: Null Pointer Exception [bug0012]
      * bugfix: applyDNSBeforeKitKat only once
      * bugfix: vibrate was on by default
      * disable restore button while working

More Info:
      Download Instructions:

Override DNS v4.1.1-0-g0f0913e - android-zone.ws.rar -  1.1 MB

• By SNB
      Override DNS v4.1.0-0-gdece84e

Features
      •  Custom DNS values.
      •  Ad free.

Known issues

Some references
      •  inspired by setDNS

What's New
      v4.0.0 - v4.1.0:
      * limit MultipleNetworkDevicesException guessing Wi-Fi device
      Lollipop:
      * reliable behaviour while switching from mobile to Wi-Fi
      * reliably detect netId and netDev
      Notifications:
      * new notification where there are problems (send log action)
      * new animated icon while working
      * standard notification icon changes according to the connection type

More Info:
      Download Instructions:

userscloud 

zippyshare